Fantasy Football News - With just over two weeks till the official start of NFL free agency, it’s time to start thinking about the players that could be moving onto other teams. Many of these players are currently talking to their respective teams and some will work out new contracts before that day comes. And some will have the franchise tag stamped to their name but for now, all of these guys are fair game as of March 12th.
FFLockerRoom Take - Below, you will find the players whose contracts are about to expire or players who currently have no team and where we think they rank in comparison to one another.
1. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens: This is not going to happen… but you never know. I don’t personally think he’s worth Drew Brees/Peyton Manning money, but I’m guessing his agent does.
2. Matt Moore, Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins would love to bring back Moore next season but Moore is intent on giving it a shot as a true #1. And with more than a couple teams desperate at the position next season, he’s likely to get that shot somewhere else, especially with the group of underwhelming quarterbacks coming via draft.
3. Jason Campbell, Chicago Bears: I have always liked Jason Campbell as a decent pocket quarterback. Injuries befell him and his shot at glory was cut short in Oakland and last year was a bust in Chicago as backup to Jay Cutler. Campbell’s window is closing fast and this could be his time to carry the clipboard for the next several years.
4. David Garrard: He was apparently leading the race to be the Dolphins starting quarterback during last preseason but knee issues cut that opportunity short. He is supposed to be back to or close to 100% and he could get a shot to prove himself again.
5. Josh Johnson: Josh showed some promise with the Bucs as a rookie in 2009 but has failed to impress since. He was cut by the 49ers before the begining of the regular season in 2012 and had a brief stint with the Browns at seasons end when Brandon Weeden was injured. It’s hard to blame him for any struggles in Tampa at the time, and I’m sure he will be invited to a camp to compete this off season.