One of the bigger waiver wire stars of 2012, Montell Owens, has been released by the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Owens, used primarily as a full back and special teams man, got his shot to start at running back during the week 14 game last season. That’s how bad it was in Jacksonville last year. Anyway, those that took a chance on him were rewarded to the tune of 102 total yards and a score. Not bad for waiver wire fodder! The kind of stuff legends are made of! But it was not to last. Although he played well the next two games, a knee injury kept him from finishing the year. And even though he did perform in OTA’s last week, his knee might not be right still.
I’m a little shocked at the move, as the Jags still don’t have a lot of talent on the team and Owens played decent but he may be a cap casualty. Montell was due roughly $2 million dollars this season. I suspect he’ll be signed quickly if his knee is ok.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email