2.4 Detroit Lions Darius Slay, CB, Mississippi State (6-0, 192)
With the fourth pick in the second round of the NFL Draft, the Lions selected CB Darius Slay out of Mississippi State. For the second year in a row the Lions go after a player with injury concerns. In 2012, they drafted WR Ryan Broyles who was coming into the NFL with a newly rehabbed knee. This time, they select Slay who tore his meniscus during the off-season. He was a potential first-rounder before the injury and the Lions hope he can fully recover to stabilize a secondary that has been a mess for as long as I can remember. Last year alone, the Lions started 10 different combinations in the secondary.
Darius, if healthy, will start from day one. As a Lions fan, I sure hope he can, because watching our secondary crumble around a solid defensive line the past few seasons is almost too much.
He has great size for a corner and tremendous speed running a 4.36 forty. With only 13 starts in college, Slay comes into the NFL a bit raw, which was one of his knocks but after a year in the league, he could develop into a pro-bowl caliber type corner.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email