2.16 Pittsburgh Steelers Le’Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State (6-1, 230)
With the 16th pick in the second round of the NFL Draft, the Steelers selected RB Le’Veon Bell out of Michigan State. It’s hard to imagine a more perfect fit for a skill position player in this draft. Bell is, hopefully, exactly what the Steelers need to give that offense some much-needed balance.
Without a skilled back that can make defenses honest, Ben Roethlisberger and company have taken a beating the past couple of seasons. With the pick of Bell, Ben shouldn’t be under nearly as much pressure. Even though the Steelers still have Jonathan Dwyer, Isaac Redman and newly signed LaRod Stephens-Howling, Bell should be promoted to starter shortly after training camp opens. He’s a three down back with the size to pound up the middle but also the skills to bounce out and lineup at slot. He isn’t the fastest guy on the field but is quick for as big as he is. I really think when all is said, Bell could be the best producing RB of this rookie class in 2013.
If you can nail him down as your third RB, that would be the right spot. I wouldn’t trust him as my #2 just yet. The one concern for Le’Veon is the amount of work he received at Michigan State last year. He came away with 382 carries during the 2012 season.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email