3.26 San Francisco 49ers Corey Lemonier, DE, Auburn (6-3, 255)
With the 26th pick in the third round of the NFL Draft, the 49ers selected DE Corey Lemonier from Auburn. Corey played both sides of the defensive line in college but is seen more of as an OLB for the Niners. He will likely play behind Aldon Smith who lost a step (zero sacks in his final 6 games including the playoffs) as the year went on in 2012. Aldon Smith is still the guy though and Lemonier might not see the field much in his first year barring injuries. But he’s got great players, Aldon Smith and Ahmad Brooks, to learn from which will be invaluable in year one.
Corey has prototypical size to play OLB in a 3-4 scheme such as San Francisco deploys. Scouts believe that he needs to improve on his strength to help contain the rush but almost every player entering the NFL needs to work on his strength. A year down the road, if he can develop quickly, Lemonier has a shot to play significant minutes and could even see work at the DE spot.
During his three years at Auburn he appeared in 39 games with 24 starts and never incurred any major injuries.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email