According to Mike Garafolo of USA Today, Seattle Seahawks tight end Anthony McCoy will be out at least 6 months after suffering a torn achilles tendon during OTAs this week. No word on the exact mechanism of injury, but McCoy had surgery yesterday and is expected to be out until at least November, which probably represents a best case scenario.
This week has become the Week of the Achilles, as this is the second prominent name to suffer this injury in the NFC West, as Micheal Crabtree is expected to miss at least 6 months as well with the same injury. Both Crabtree and McCoy underwent surgery in a very timely fashion, which should help speed up recovery time and allow both guys the opportunity to return sometime around Week 11/12 (based on reported recovery time-table and barring setbacks).
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email