The Boston Red Sox had an extremely busy day Friday, as they overhauled more than 10% of their active roster. To begin with, Boston placed third baseman Will Middlebrooks and outfielder Shane Victorino on the disabled list. Middlebrooks joined the list due to lower back spasms which never is a very easy thing to predict as far as time missed. This very well could turn into a bothersome injury all season long, but for now look for him to miss a few weeks. Victorino on the other hand was disabled because of a strained left hamstring. Look for him to also miss a few weeks, especially considering that he has also been hobbled with back issues. The Red Sox also optioned catcher Ryan Lavarnway to Triple-A Pawtucket.
Filling the active roster spots for Boston is short stop Jose Iglesias, right-handed starter Alfredo Aceves and catcher David Ross. Iglesias and Aceves should both see some solid playing time, Iglesias backing up the loss of Middlebrooks while Aceves should get some innings out of the pen. Catcher David Ross also was activated from the 7-day disabled list after suffering a concussion. He returns to a backup catchers roll for the parent club.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email