Last season the Jacksonville Jaguars were completely decimated by injuries to the RB position. At one point Montell Owens was called to start and actually played pretty well starting from week 14-16. He compiled 35 carries for 180 yards during that time but suffered a knee injury and wasn’t able to take the field for the season finale. When the Jags brought in Justin Forsett to be the primary backup, this made someone expendable and Owens was cut loose. It also didn’t help that at the time, he was still not medically cleared.
Apparently all is well with the knee as the Detroit Lions have signed Owens to the team. Owens is more importantly an excellent special teams player having gone to the Pro Bowl twice for his services in that area. An area the Lions could improve upon immensely. And it doesn’t hurt that Montell showed well as a RB in his brief time in the limelight. He will serve as insurance should Mikel LeShoure, Reggie Bush or Joique Bell get injured. Owens has also played FB in his career.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email