3.28 Denver Broncos Kayvon Webster, CB, South Florida (5-10 ½, 195)
With the 28th pick in the third round of the NFL Draft, the Broncos selected CB Kayvon Webster from South Florida. Perhaps the last best player among the CB’s in the draft, Webster couldn’t have picked a better team to get drafted by. Going just a few picks later to the Dolphins was Will Davis who doesn’t flash nearly as much potential to be an impact player in year one.
Webster has the potential to make a difference in 2013. He will have the added benefit of learning from one of the smartest players in the league in Champ Bailey and should he move to safety full-time, Webster could be starting sooner rather than later. Even if Bailey sticks at corner this season and newly acquired Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie mans the opposite side, there will be plenty of need for the Broncos to have quality depth for nickel packages. And with the league leaning more and more pass heavy, quality depth among your defensive backs will be key. The Bronco’s could have gotten the steal of the third round with Kayvon.
One big plus about Webster is his willingness to tackle in run support. Scouts point this out on multiple reports and will be a big asset when on the field.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email