3.22 Cincinnati Bengals Shawn Williams, S, Georgia (6-0, 213)
With the 22nd pick in the third round of the NFL Draft, the Bengals selected S Shawn Williams from Georgia. The Bengals were very good on the defensive side of the ball in 2012 and getting a player like Shawn Williams will only help. Williams never missed a game at Georgia playing in all 50 games and starting 30. He is a natural leader and has an attitude that should fit in well with the Bengals.
Scouts question his arm length to be able to match up with taller tight ends but his overall excellent athletic ability should be able to offset some of that. He also is one of the stronger safeties in the draft pounding out 25 reps of 225lbs at the combine. Slot receivers will have a hard time getting away from Shawn if he is matched up with them.
The best part of Williams’ game is his ability to help out in run support. This is the area of his game that should shine. The Bengals will have a hard time keeping him off the field from day one because of his toughness.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email