Tennessee Titans rookie wide receiver, Justin Hunter, has missed his seventh consecutive OTA practice. And a couple of days ago, he was even called out by his WR coach Shawn Jeffers saying, “Justin needs to get his (butt) going… Sometimes we have to fight through things. That’s how I was taught with Bill Parcells. If it ain’t broke, then I’m not hurt.”
This doesn’t sound like a good start for the 34th overall pick out of Tennessee. It seemed like he was headed into a good situation. Hunter was being pegged as a starter from day one opposite Kenny Britt and was going to take over for Nate Washington. Washington was a candidate to be traded or cut loose with the Titans employing one of the leagues youngest set of receivers including second-year receiver Kendall Wright and Britt.
If he continues to miss time and can’t get a grasp on the playbook the Titans will most likely have to hang-on to Nate Washington. No matter what happens though, the only two receivers that should warrant fantasy consideration are Britt and Wright. Britt could be a nice player if he finally stays on the field and Wright will likely make more of an impact in PPR leagues. Don’t bother with Washington or Hunter for now. Especially when Jake Locker hasn’t proven himself to be a reliable quarterback thus far.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email