The Detroit Lions have signed 2012 undrafted free agent TE Matt Veldman who was just released by the Jaguars a week prior. Veldman, who attended North Dakota State, didn’t play in 2012 due to a torn ACL. He has recently been able to resume practice and has excellent size at 6-7, 255 lbs. It’s a long shot for Matt that he makes the final roster but his size has likely intrigued the Lions offensive staff. It’s also worth noting that starting ends’ Brandon Pettigrew and Tony Scheffler are both entering contract years. Detroit is likely to extend only one of them. While Pettigrew is the much more talented player, he has disappointed the team and fans since being taken early in the 2009 draft.
In a related move, the Lions released TE/WR Dominique Curry. Curry was trying to convert from WR to TE and will now look to catch on in another teams camp.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email