Not that the Lions needed much help on the defensive line with Ndamukong Suh, Nick Fairley, Jason Jones and rookie Ziggy Ansah, but they just signed former Chicago Bear Israel Idonije. Idonije should be an impact player for the Lions as he will get to rest as a rotational piece. He can also play either tackle or end making him a valuable signing if one of the starters were to get injured.
Idonije played all nine of his seasons with the Bears and seemed to get better with age. In the past three seasons, he’s combined for 20 sacks playing 16 games each year. In his first 6 seasons, he totaled just 8 sacks. I’m sure Chicago fans are upset but Lions fans should rejoice!
It’s also worth making a mental note of this when it’s time to select a defense heading into fantasy drafts. I already have the Lions ranked fairly high, but this addition makes me like them even more.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email