LOCKERROOM ESSENTIALS: Login | Forums | Newsletter | FFLR TV NFL: Transactions | Player Rankings | More... MLB: Transactions | Player Rankings | More...
So you drafted your fantasy football team and now you’re just waiting for the season to start. You look at your roster and see names such as Matt Forte, Stevan Ridley and Percy Harvin and try to come up with creative ways to incorporate them into your team name.
Well that’s what the purpose of this article is for. I’ve scoured the internet collecting some of the finest fantasy team names around and will bring them to you hear. So sit back and enjoy, because there’s about to be a lot of puns and references of past and present pop culture in your near future.
When looking up team names I quickly realized if Matt Forte is on your team you have a gold mine of quality team names at your disposal. You can replace the word forty with Forte in almost any phrase or name and it works. For instance Forte Yard Dash, Sippin on a Forte, Forte year old virgin, WD-Forte just to name a few. Here’s a list of some of my other favorites.
-I Pitta the Fool (Who doesn’t love a Mr. T reference while also including a break out candidate in Pitta)
- Rice, Rice, Baby (One things for sure, Ray Rice has proved he’s no “One Hit Wonder” like Vanilla Ice”
- Dez Dispenser (The only difference is Dez dispenses TOUCHDOWNS not candy)
- Percy Control (Come on, you know you want to sing it… Aaaaahhh Percy Control,oh)
- Boston Tebow Party (That’s the only reference, I promise)
- Foster: Australian for Touchdown (You can’t go wrong when you combine beer and football)
- Saved By the Le’Veon Bell (Look at that, the rookie already has a catchy fantasy name)
- The Blair Walsh Project (What???? Kickers need love too)
- Too Legit to Britt (Britt needs to show us he warrants a team named after him)
- Rg-3Po (Now that he’ll have a robotic knee it fits even more)
- Somewhere over Dwayne Bowe (Hopefully Bowe’s fantasy owners find that pot of gold)
- What would Jones-Drew (Hopefully come back healthy and return to his past form)
- Forgetting Brandon Marshall (It’s hard to forget about Marshall if you’re going against him)
- Mile High Manning (Looks to feel right at home in his new city)
- Gisele’s Bundchens (Giggety, giggety)
- Murray up Offense (His owners are just hoping he can stay healthy all year)
- Stafford Infection (He’s made the offense explosive, now he needs to show he can get W’s)
- Sproles Royce (Just like the car, Sproles is a flashy player)
- It Ertz when Eifert- (Get it?)
- Isaiah Pead on my Shoes (You get the point)
- Along came Collie (And shortly after I’m sure he got a concussion)
- Ridley me this (Who wears blue and red on Sundays and loves to run for TD’s?)
- Garden of Weeden (Browns fans hope their 2nd year QB can lead them to the promise land)
- Is that your final Ansah? (A name Regis Philbin would be proud of)
- Chronic Lauranaitis (Sounds like something I wouldn’t want to catch or get tackled by)
- Off in Church (Team Slogan- Because no one beats off in church)
- Victorious Secret (It’s no secret; nothing is sweeter than a victory)
- #BetweenTheHashtags# (Twitter reference…#TRENDING)
- Show me your TD’s (Who doesn’t love to see TD’s?)
- Blood, Sweat & Beers (It takes a lot of hard work to be a fantasy champion)
So there it is…. A list of some of my favorite team names around heading into the 2013 season. If I missed any or you have favorites that didn’t make the cut, feel free to post them in the comments.
For more great fantasy football team names check out PART TWO.