Green Bay Packers wide receiver Jordy Nelson has undergone knee surgery and is now out 4-6 weeks with an outside chance of returning for Week 1 of the NFL season against the San Francisco 49ers.
Tunnel Vision: Let’s be honest here. No matter how trivial this surgery was, it still was surgery. Performed to help correct a nerve issue, Nelson has a huge uphill battle to climb to be ready for Week 1, let alone be an effective fantasy football chess piece.
As it stands, it would be best to consider him someone that won’t be full strength for at least a few weeks into the season with lingering affects possible, although unlikely.
Deemed a mid-level WR2 in deeper fantasy football leagues, FFLockerRoom views this as more of a bump in the road rather than a detour. If Nelson slips into WR3 territory we advise scooping him up and celebrating, quietly of course.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email