Here is what everyone is waiting for, the FFLockerRoom’s Waiver Wire pickups for week 3. I am going to put these guys in order of what I believe to be the most important guys first, top down.
Click HERE for the FFLockerRoom Week 3 Rankings.
1. Eddie Royal, WR, San Diego Chargers - Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I didn’t bat an eye after week one where Royal scored two touchdowns. Now, after scoring three more TDs in the week 2 matchup on the road, it’s time to take notice. He should be owned in all leagues. Whether you believe it or not, he needs to be picked up just in case.
2. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Houston Texans - Hokpins is proving to not be your typical rookie wide receiver. He has had two productive games to start his NFL career and looks good on the field. I still don’t think the Texans will throw enough throughout the season to warrant starting Hopkins every week but if Andre Johnson misses any time, Hopkins should be inserted in all formats.
3. Philip Rivers, QB, San Diego Chargers - Look, I know. It’s Philip Rivers. What do you want me to do, leave him off the list. He’s only owned in 32% of leagues and that will change after his second straight 4 TD game.
TAKE A CHANCE
4. James Starks, RB, Green Bay Packers - After Eddie Lacy went down with a concussion, James Starks didn’t waste time making the most of his opportunity. With a defense clearly playing the pass, Starks hit the wide open spaces in full stride and looked effective. He was the first Packers running back to cross the century mark in 45 games. All Eddie Lacy owners should be putting in claims on Starks. Other owners can if they want to. James had most of his yards in relative garbage time. Don’t expect Starks to all of a sudden light the NFL on fire. This is Eddie Lacy’s team when he comes back.
5. Charles Clay, TE, Miami Dolphins - Two straight weeks with 5 receptions and a TD on a designed run at the goal line. You gotta like a TE that will be called once in a while to carry the rock.
6. E.J. Manuel, QB, Buffalo Bills - E.J. made a great comeback vs the Carolina Panthers to notch his first career win and he looked pretty good against a very stout defense. Manuel didn’t get his touchdown till the final seconds but who cares. He got it and that’s what shows up on the box score. He’s had 16 and 14 points respectively for the first two weeks. Josh Freeman owners should be taking a not-so-long look. After having a decent first week I was surprised to see that he was only owned in 12.5% of leagues on ESPN.
PLAYING WITH FIRE
7. Terrelle Pryor, QB, Oakland Raiders - Owned in nearly 25% of ESPN leagues, Pryor should continue to be a fantasy matchup dream. In week 3, the Raiders have a tough matchup against the Denver Broncos but Pryor could be in for a lot of garbage time. And with his ability to take off and run, he could be a top 15 QB next week. If you are willing to take a chance.
8. Donald Brown, RB, Indianapolis Colts - With Vick Ballard going on season ending IR, that paved the way for Ahmad Bradshaw to be the lead back. And that means Brown is the next man up and takes over as the #2. And with Bradshaw’s history of injuries, Brown could be a good sign and stash candidate if you have room.
9. Garrett Graham, TE, Houston Texans - It’s the second week in a row that Graham scored a TD. He should only be considered in super deep leagues.
10. Austin Pettis, WR, St. Louis Rams - With the Rams playing catchup, Pettis saw 11 targets and made the most of them catching 8 for 78 with a TD. I don’t think the Rams will be down that much too often but Pettis at least showed signs of life as the #4 target.
11. Jordan Todman/Justin Forsett, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars - Neither of these guys is going to do much against the Seahawks but if we can decipher who the actual backup is in the next day or two, a MJD owner might make a play. Personally, I think Forsett is the more talented back but Todman got a lot more work in week 2 after Jones-Drew left the game.
If you find yourself with some extra time and want to read my recap of Sunday’s action, here is The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email