We have learned that Denver Broncos All-Pro left tackle Ryan Clady will need season ending surgery to repair the Lisfranc injury he sustained to his left foot. This is a big blow to the Broncos offensive line. Clady is one of the best left tackles in the game (ranked 5th by Matt Miller) and will not be replaced easily.
Coming in to replace Clady will be Chris Clark, who just signed a two-year extension with the Broncos on the 16th of September. He was the swing tackle and appeared in all 16 games a year ago but played just 66 snaps. In 2011 he started 6 games, also for the Broncos. Newly signed Winston Justice will be the new swing man.
This type of news does bear some significant fantasy ramifications. We aren’t talking about Peyton Manning. Sure he could get hit a few more times but honestly he’s dealt with bad offensive lines before and should weather the storm. More importantly this probably solidifies Knowshon Moreno‘s role as the lead back. He has, by far and away, the best pass protecting ability and should stay on the field till Denver/Peyton can trust Montee Ball and Ronnie Hillman with that task.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email