LOCKERROOM ESSENTIALS: Login | Forums | Newsletter | FFLR TV NFL: Transactions | Player Rankings | More... MLB: Transactions | Player Rankings | More...
Here is what everyone is waiting for, the FFLockerRoom’s Waiver Wire pickups for week 4. I am going to put these guys in order of what I believe to be the most important guys first, top down.
Click HERE for the FFLockerRoom Week 4 Rankings.
1. Johnathan Franklin, RB, Green Bay Packers (Owned 1.6%*) – While everyone will point out that huge fumble he had that lead to the game winning score for the Bengals, before that point, he was a huge factor in getting the Packers back in the game. The Packers backfield is one to avoid for the most part but I do love Franklin. Before the draft, I had Franklin rated as my #1 rookie RB.
2. Jason Snelling, RB, Atlanta Falcons (15.8%) - It was thought going into the weekend that Jacquizz Rodgers would get the majority of carries and Snelling would see some work as well but they almost split the touches down the middle. And Snelling did extremely well. With the news coming out earlier today that Steven Jackson will miss the next 2-4 weeks, it’s time for Snelling to be owned in the majority of leagues.
3. Heath Miller, TE, Pittsburgh Steelers (6.7%) - Heath is back and all of a sudden the Steelers offense looks a lot better. While he didn’t play a full load of snaps, it was easy to see that Big Ben was much more comfortable when Miller was on the field. Look for Heath to play a little more each week as he comes back from his torn ACL. Just a year ago, Heath was the Steelers #1 receiver.
4. Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans (50%) - Wright will end the season as the #1 WR for the Titans. Why he wasn’t starting at the beginning of the season is beyond me. He was their best pass catcher as a rookie a year ago. With Britt committing mental errors, Wright will get more and more of the offensive snaps.
4. EJ Manuel, QB, Buffalo Bills (12.8%) - If you took Eli Manning, Carson Palmer or Josh Freeman and are looking for a QB, it’s time to pick up Manuel. He’s scored 16, 14 and 19 points in the past three weeks.
5. Danny Woodhead, RB, San Diego Chargers (13.3%) - Woodhead should be owned in all PPR leagues. The Chargers are starting to utilize the diminutive running back more and more and he just caught 7 balls in the week three game.
5. Brandon Bolden, RB, New England Patriots (0.3%) - Bolden, who had been injured and questionable the past couple of weeks, finally made it onto the field. He didn’t disappoint and looked like the answer for the injured Shane Vereen. He could be a good play in PPR leagues.
6. Nate Washington, WR, Tennessee Titans (7.6%) - With 15 catches after three games and Kenny Britt on his way out, Washington should be useful some weeks in PPR leagues. Although he’s not a threat to score TDs, he should hover around 5 catches a game for 40-60 yards.
7. Ronnie Hillman, RB, Denver Broncos (44%) - It’s hard to trust any Bronco running back at the moment but Hillman showed up big against the Raiders. While Moreno probably would have been on the field more in a tight game, Denver allowed Hillman and Ball to get extensive playing time with a big lead.
7. Santonio Holmes, WR, New York Jets (8.1%) – You really hate yourself if you go and pick up Holmes. But if your team is that bad and desperate at the receiver position, I guess it’s safe to drop Jerome Simpson now. I give you my blessing.
8. Stephen Hill, WR, New York Jets (2.8%) - Two back-to-back Jets receivers? I know. Now I hate myself.
If you find yourself with some extra time and want to read my recap of Sunday’s action, here is The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.
And if you think I forgot someone for the Waiver Wire, please tell me in the comments below. Who knows, you even might be able to help someone land their next waiver wire stud.
*Owned percentage taken from ESPN leagues.