Here is what everyone is waiting for, the FFLockerRoom’s Waiver Wire pickups for week 6. I am going to put these guys in order of what I believe to be the most important guys first, top down.
By Tom Schriner, The Fantasy Football Junkie
Players I don’t mind dropping: Nate Washington, Ryan Broyles, Eddie Royal, Jackie Battle, Greg Little, Kenny Britt, Aaron Dobson, Tavon Austin, Darrius Heyward Bey, Brandon Myers, Scott Chandler, Isaiah Pead, Fred Davis and Mark Ingram
Click HERE for my week 6 recap – The GOOD, The BAD, The UGLY.
1. Justin Blackmon, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars (53.0%*) – Blackmon takes the top spot for the second week in a row. What can you say, he is getting it done and is the hottest receiver in the league right now. He caught 14 balls for 190 yards against the Broncos in week 6.
2. Keenan Allen, WR, San Diego Chargers (6.7%) - Currently as I write this, he is absolutely demolishing the Indianapolis Colts on Monday Night Football. He’s been Rivers’ favorite target the past couple of weeks and looks like a legit talent that just found his groove. That or maybe he’s just this months Eddie Royal…
3. Heath Miller, TE, Pittsburgh Steelers (20.3%) - Heath is going to be fantasy relevant every week that he’s healthy. And right now, he is. He should be a borderline TE1 the rest of the way.
4. Zac Stacy, RB, St. Louis Rams (7%) - Getting his second start in as many weeks, Stacy has done nothing to lose the job. He totaled 90 yards against the Texans and could be an ok flex play while handling the majority of carries.
5. Nick Foles, QB, Philadelphia Eagles (2.6%) - Beggars can’t be choosers and right now, Foles is on fire… Well maybe not fire, but he does have 7 TDs now with no interceptions. You could do worse, just take a look below.
TAKE A CHANCE
6. Andre Ellington, RB, Arizona Cardinals (8.8%) - Ellington doubled his ownership percentage from four to eight percent and his new owners were not disappointed. He finished week 6 with 92 total yards and a score. He is also still clearly out playing Rashard Mendenhall.
7. Timothy Wright, TE, Arizona Cardinals (0.0%) – For the second game in a row for the Cardinals, Wright has made an impact through the air. He now has 12 catches for 132 yards over the past two.
8. Joseph Randle, RB, Dallas Cowboys ( 1.4%) - DeMarco Murray is likely to miss the next game and possibly more, so it looks like rookie Joseph Randle could be the next man up to start. Randle didn’t do much in first action during week 6 but could be a starting back in a high-powered offense. He’s worth a pickup if you have a spot.
9. Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans (37.4%) - Wright should be owned in all PPR leagues. He now has 5 straight games with 5 or more receptions. While he isn’t putting up stellar numbers, they are consistent.
PLAYING WITH FIRE
10. Shonn Greene, RB, Tennessee Titans (53%) - I’m not sure who held onto Greene for this long but if you are super desperate, Greene is coming back soon. Couple that with the fact Jackie Battle has an injury to his neck and you could have yourself a mediocre flex play. With the way Chris Johnson has run the ball, the Titans may give Greene a fair share of work.
11. Jeff Cumberland, TE, New York Jets (2.5%) - Cumberland is easily becoming Geno Smith‘s favorite target. I would rather play Cumberland over Brandon Myers and Brent Celek who are owned in more leagues.
13. Brandon Jacobs, RB, New York Giants (2.0%) - Don’t get crazy excited about Jacobs’ game against the Bears. It was amazing but he came away with a hamstring injury and the Giants are taking a look at Peyton Hillis. Things are getting worse if you are a Giants fan.
And if you think I forgot someone for the Waiver Wire, please tell me in the comments below. Who knows, you even might be able to help someone land their next waiver wire stud.
*Owned percentage taken from ESPN leagues.Like what you read? Want to dominate your competition? Get this and all FFLockerRoom Fanatsy Sports advice sent to your Email for FREE. Rankings, featured articles and more!!!