The Detroit Lions fell to (4-3) Sunday afternoon to the Cincinnati Bengals 27-24 in front of a sold out crowd. The Lions who were down 14 points at one point in the fourth quarter tied it up with incredible game performances by both Matthew Stafford and Calvin Johnson, but with just a half of a minute on the clock the game changed momentum very quickly.
Rookie punter Sam Martin, who had been incredibly reliable in 2013, booted a 28 yard punt which landed at midfield and literally sealed the Lions fate.
In those 30 seconds the Bengals were able to drive far enough to where place kicker Mike Nugent booted a 54-yard field goal, career longest being 55-yards, and sent home the Lions fans feeling empty handed.
If there is a bright side to be taken from this, Johnson did catch 9 balls for 155 yards and 2 touchdowns while Stafford and Reggie Bush also had productive days on the offensive side of the ball.
The Lions face the Dallas Cowboys in Detroit next weekend. Game starting at 1pm EST.
DETROIT LIONS vs. CINCINNATI BENGALS FINAL STATISTICS
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email