There is no doubting the importance of the Andrew Luck led Indianapolis Colts getting a victory over the Peyton Manning led Denver Broncos on Sunday night, but that 39-33 came with a price. They have lost wide receiver Reggie Wayne for the season.
Being reported by Ian Rapoport of NFL Media Insider, Wayne suffered both, a torn ACL as well as a meniscus. The injury was a non-contact situation. Wayne, who is 34-years-old, finishes the 2013 season with 503 receiving yards and 2 touchdowns.
The Colts most likely will be bringing in some free agents for workouts this week as the Colts who were strong at wide receiver entering the game are now thinned with T.Y. Hilton and Darrius Heyward-Bey leading the way. The others, LaVon Brazill and David Reed, are complimentary players and will have to step up to help fill the void.
It will be interesting to see how this affects the sophomore Luck and his decision making as Wayne was his biggest and most used target since joining the NFL in 2012.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email