The Tampa Tribune was told by Mike Williams, wide receiver of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, that he is dealing with a torn hamstring. Williams has been slowed by a hamstring injury the past few weeks but could have worsened it Thursday night against the Carolina Panthers.
If true, this is the kind of injury at this point in the season that could move Mike to the injured reserve. The Buccaneers just invested a lot of money in Williams and will not risk his future with the club on a year that is slipping away fast. This also doesn’t help rookie QB Mike Glennon as he does his best to show the world that he belongs in the NFL. So far, I think he’s done a phenomenal job considering what kind of team the Bucs are right now. I don’t know a team that has dealt with this much adversity in one-half of a season. The likely benefactors in playing time would be Tiquan Underwood and Chris Owusu, neither of which should be picked up. If anyone is picked up for fantasy purposes it should be TE/WR Tim Wright. He has shown recently to have a connection with Glennon and could be seeing a lot more targets down the stretch. In Yahoo leagues, he gets the added bonus of being a receiver and tight end which can come in handy. Over the past four games, Wright has caught 19 passes, that’s more than Underwood and Owusu have combined on the season.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email