Atlanta Falcons WR Roddy White appears to be making progress as he recovers from both a hamstring strain and high ankle sprain. White has not played in 3 weeks and his Week 9 status is still up in the air.
Injury Outlook: This looks like it’s going to definitely be a wait and see deal with White this week, as he’s dealing with a more chronic injury (high ankle sprain) and the more recent hamstring strain. In a bit of good news, White was able to return to running with his trainers last week and appears to have responded well to it.
White’s situation doesn’t seem like it’ll resolve itself this week, so my expectation at this point is that he’ll miss another week. There’s nothing I’ve read that substantiates that claim, it’s more just speculation on my part based on how difficult each of these injuries are to come back from independently, let alone when you’re dealing with both at the same time. Add in the fact that White played on a moderately sprained ankle for weeks and we have a lot of things working against him being available for this week’s game.
But don’t take my word for it quite yet. Monitor his ability to practice this week, as a Wednesday/Thursday return to practice would bode very for his possible return. But we’ll monitor the practice reports this week and have a more clear picture once Saturday rolls around.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email