With the Cincinnati Bengals on an absolute tear right now offensively, it’s easy to forget that their defense is very banged up right now, as four starters will be out for tonight’s game against the Miami Dolphins. Here’s a quick rundown of the injured players:
- Rey Maualuga: Maualuga left Sunday’s beating of the New York Jets with both a sprained MCL in his knee and a concussion. He is expected to miss 3-4 weeks due to his sprained MCL, which will be more than enough time to allow him to eventually pass concussion protocols and return to the lineup.
- Leon Hall: Hall is out for the season with a torn achilles tendon. Recovery is normally estimated at anywhere from 5-12 months, so his progression in the offseason will something to watch out for.
- Taylor Mays: Mays will miss tonight’s game and the rest of the season after suffering a dislocated shoulder on Sunday. Mays was placed on injured reserve. His status for next season will be followed in the offseason after he’s had a chance to rehab in order to stabilize the shoulder. The main objective of rehabilitation following a dislocation is to improve the stability of the shoulder joint in an effort to prevent further dislocations from occurring in the future.
- Devon Still: Still is out with an elbow injury suffered in the Bengals win over the Detroit Lions. Details of his injury have not been made public, but there is speculation that he could miss “an extended period of time” with this ailment.
Expect the Bengals defense to still move forward and play well for this week and the rest of the season, but it’s a true test of a team’s depth when you lose that many starters during one short period of time. Tonight’s game should be a slight test as the Dolphins try to break out of this current slump they are on, but Ryan Tannehill and crew haven’t exactly been lighting up the scoreboard. Expect some turnovers tonight, but the points allowed may start to creep up.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email