Here is what everyone is waiting for, the FFLockerRoom’s Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups for week 10. I am going to put these guys in order of what I believe to be the most important guys first, top down.
Players I don’t mind dropping: Eddie Royal, Jackie Battle, Greg Little, Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, Brandon Myers, Scott Chandler, Greg Jennings, Christine Michael, Daryl Richardson, Isaiah Pead, Fred Davis, Khiri Robinson, Jared Cook and Mark Ingram
1. Mike James, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (10.6%*) - It wasn’t supposed to be a great day or even a good day but that’s exactly what James had. He ran for 158 yards and was smoking the Seahawks defense in their own building. He needs to be owned in all leagues. I don’t believe the talk about Doug Martin coming back any time soon. He needs surgery and why would the Buccaneers risk injuring their franchise RB during a lost year?
2. Nick Foles, QB, Philadelphia Eagles (10.3%) - During week 6, Foles won the NFC offensive player of the week. He followed that up with an absolute stinker against the Giants. Compounding the terrible game in week 7 was the fact Nick suffered a concussion and would miss the next game. Now healthy again, all he did was throw for 7 touchdowns in the first three quarters against the Oakland Raiders. No big deal.
4. Aaron Dobson, WR, New England Patriots (4.8%) - With Kenbrell Thompkins being a healthy scratch, Dobson is asserting himself as the outside receiver to own in New England. Dobson finished with 130 yards and two touchdowns.
5. Rashad Jennings, RB, Oakland Raiders (4.6%) - Jennings came on in relief of Darren McFadden who re-aggravated his hamstring injury and had a huge game. Part of it could be due to the Raiders playing from way behind using a lot of preventative defense. But part of it could be that the Eagles are just a terrible defense. Since DMC injured his hammy again, he’s likely to miss at least two weeks.
TAKE A CHANCE
6. Tim Wright, WR/TE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0.9%) - This is the second week in a row that Wright will be in this spot. He will continue to get plenty of targets from Mike Glennon especially with Mike Williams going on IR.
7. Andre Brown, RB, New York Giants (19.8%) - The Giants have made do with the likes of Brandon Jacobs, Michael Cox and Peyton Hillis for the past month but are going to get back Andre Brown for week 10. Brown is an injury risk himself, but he should be a better option for the Giants ground attack going forward.
8. Mike Tolbert, RB, Carolina Panthers (34.3%) - Tolbert got another touchdown. Ho hum.
10. Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans (34.5%) - Wright didn’t have a great game in week 8 only catching three for 69 yards but that was his worst game of the year in PPR formats. And it was basically due to the Rams not being able to stop the run and Chris Johnson and Shonn Greene ran all over them the entire game. Wright will have better games and is usually good for 5+ receptions every week.
PLAYING WITH FIRE
11. Coby Fleener, TE, Indianapolis Colts (25.3%) - With Reggie Wayne out for the season, Fleener will get more targets. And his relationship with Luck going back to college should help. If he can learn to hold onto the easy catches, his value could skyrocket.
12. Case Keenum, QB, Houston Texans (1.8%) - After a really nice Sunday night game in which he found Andre Johnson for three touchdowns, Keenum will be picked up in multiple leagues. He’s got a nice supporting cast and looked comfortable in his second start.
13. Riley Cooper, WR, Philadelphia Eagles (8.9%) - So far, as Foles goes, Cooper goes. When Foles won the NFC offensive player of the week award in week 6, that was Coopers other good game. If you believe in Foles, Cooper could be a huge pickup going forward. That’s if you believe in Foles.
14. Doug Baldwin, WR, Seattle Seahawks (6.0%) - With Sidney Rice out for the year, Golden Tate is likely to get the defenses best DB. That leaves Baldwin with easier one-on-one match ups which Wilson was able to exploit late in the game during week 8. And with Percy Harvin still dealing with his hip injury, Baldwin could have a couple nice games going forward, just don’t expect too much.
15. Mario Manningham, WR, San Francisco 49ers (1.6%) - The 49ers aerial attack has been lacking to say the least and it should pick up some with Mario coming back. If he’s fully healthy, Manningham could be worth owning in deeper leagues.