Tampa Bay Buccaneers RB Mike James suffered a broken ankle during Monday night’s victory against the Miami Dolphins and will reportedly be out indefinitely. Post game X-rays confirmed the fractured ankle, although the type, severity, and location of the fracture is unknown at this time. Brian Leonard and Bobby Rainey filled in for James.
Injury Outlook: We’re talking about a fractured ankle in Week 10 of the football season for a 1-8 team, so it likely means we’ve seen the last of Mike James for the 2013 season. Wait to hear full confirmation and look for his placement on IR, but now would be the time to jump on picking up Rainey off the waiver wire, as he looked like the more dynamic back out there after James went down.
Obviously, we can’t speculate on James’ prognosis for next season as we don’t know what type of fracture he suffered yet, whether there are one or multiple structures involved, or if the fracture was non-displaced or not. Once more information is made available, we’ll have an idea of how close to 100% he’ll be able to return to. Until then, expect James to miss the rest of the season and give himself enough time to get healthy for the 2014 season.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email