Here is what everyone is waiting for, the FFLockerRoom’s Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups for week 12. I am going to put these guys in order of what I believe to be the most important guys first, top down.
Players I don’t mind dropping: Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Shonn Greene, Eddie Royal, Jackie Battle, Greg Little, Kenny Britt, Tavon Austin, Brandon Myers, Scott Chandler, Greg Jennings, Christine Michael, Daryl Richardson, Isaiah Pead, Fred Davis, Khiri Robinson, Jared Cook and Mark Ingram
1. Bobby Rainey, RB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2.3%*) - It was just a couple of weeks ago that Mike James was atop this list and now with him being injured, it’s time for his teammate Rainey to take the stage. Rainey looked good with just a few carries in week 10 but broke out in a big way against the Falcons with 3 total TDs and 164 yards rushing. Time to snag Bob if he’s still available in your league.
2. Michael Crabtree, WR, San Francisco 49ers (9.9%) - He’s coming back soon and is going to be the best receiving threat for the 49ers. Boldin is good but he can’t get much separation and he also is being watched closely for his patented veteran push-offs. Crabtree is worth a waiver add just based on his potential.
3. Delanie Walker, TE, Tennessee Titans (12.0%) - I never thought Walker was worth the money that the Titans gave him, mostly due to his problems catching the ball, but damned if he isn’t doing a fine job this season. And you probably didn’t know this but he has three double-digit games over the past four.
4. Chris Ogbonnaya, RB, Cleveland Browns (7.7%) - The Browns really should just give the job to him but they keep trotting out Willis McGahee out on the field for some reason. I would get it, if he was truly a better option but he is now. Ogbonnaya finally got a few more carries and a lot more snaps. If the trend continues, he could be useful in PPR leagues.
TAKE A CHANCE
5. Donald Brown, RB, Indianapolis Colts (7.8%) - Brown has made this list a few times and he has outplayed Trent Richardson every week since the trade. Finally, in week 11, he received a lions share of the work. Not only that, but Brown has turned in back-to-back double digit performances. He’s still going to share time with T-Rich but he’s a good option if you are desperate.
6. Jerricho Cotchery, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers (16.4%) - Cotchery isn’t a great receiver but he’s a veteran playing behind the more dynamic Antonio Brown who obviously gets the majority of double teams. And with Emmanuel Sanders possibly not available for week 12 due to an injury you have to suspect Cotchery, who has scored in three straight, will get a few more targets.
7. Rob Housler, TE, Arizona Cardinals (2.7%) - Before the season began, there was some buzz surrounding Housler who has been on the sleeper watch since last season but it might finally be coming together for the young TE. He’s now had 4 or more receptions in four of his past five.
8. Dennis Pitta, TE, Baltimore Ravens (0.2%) - Pitta could be back as soon as this week and if you can afford a spot that could pay off big during the playoffs this might be the pickup to target. If you have been filling in week-to-week with Tim Wright and Dallas Clark, Pitta is for you.
PLAYING WITH FIRE
9. Santonio Holmes, WR, New York Jets (12.0%) - Look, I get it. You’ve been burned before. I understand completely, but that’s why he’s listed down here. He is the best WR on the Jets and seemed to come away from week 11 without any setbacks. He should be owned in 16 team leagues.
10. Brandon LaFell, WR, Carolina Panthers (5.1%) - He’s been pretty consistent this entire season catching 3-4 receptions a game but over the past three he has 17. With the #1 DB still watching Steve Smith, LaFell has developed in a nice WR2 for the Panthers. But he shouldn’t considered more than a WR3 in deep leagues.
11. Matt McGloin, QB, Oakland Raiders (0.2%) - Really only an option for 2 QB leagues but McGloin was able to take advantage of the deep speed among the Raiders receivers. If he can get better with the shorter throws he could be an interesting play down the stretch. Unfortunately I saw last night a stat that he and Todd Marinovich shared… and we all know what happened with Todd. Nothing.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email