Here is what everyone is waiting for, the FFLockerRoom’s Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups for week 13. I am going to put these guys in order of what I believe to be the most important guys first, top down.
Players I don’t mind dropping: Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Shonn Greene, Eddie Royal, Jackie Battle, Greg Little, Kenny Britt, Brandon Myers, Scott Chandler, Greg Jennings, Christine Michael, Daryl Richardson, Isaiah Pead, Fred Davis, Khiri Robinson, Mike James, Jared Cook and Mark Ingram
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick, QB, Tennessee Titans (3.8%*) – With the Colts coming up in week 13 and the Jaguars for week 16, Fitzpatrick could do you well for a couple of weeks down the stretch. He’s had a really nice three games in a row with two of those going for over 22 points in standard leagues.
2. Kendall Wright, WR, Tennessee Titans (38.7%) – I don’t know what this guy has to do but he continues to be a solid WR every week. And this week, he finally caught his second TD of the season. He has been remarkably consistent all season and is a must own in all PPR leagues.
3. Benny Cunningham, RB, St. Louis Rams (0.7%) – Zac Stacy left the game in week 12 with a concussion and Benny came in and performed really well. If Stacy misses the game, Cunningham could be a flex play against the 49ers.
4. Nate Burleson, WR, Detroit Lions (3.4%) – Burleson made a big impact in his first game back from the broken arm and the Lions offense is still going to pas, pass, pass.
5. Dennis Johnson, RB, Houston Texans (0.4%) – Coming on in relief of Ben Tate, who played awful, Johnson did well rushing for 74 yards on 13 carries. We’ll see if the Texans make a change but I doubt it. Johnson should be owned but I still think Tate is the starter.
TAKE A CHANCE
6. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins (14.3%) – In a deep league, Tannehill could be ok. He’s now had four straight games with 14 or more points.
7. Brandon Bolden, RB, New England Patriots (2.5%) – With Stevan Ridley and LeGarrette Blount fumbling, that gave Bolden an opportunity to play. And he played well and could have carved himself out a bigger role going forward. We all know how Belechick likes to put players in the doghouse if they underperform, so don’t be shocked if Ridley doesn’t start week 13.
PLAYING WITH FIRE
9. Julian Edelman, WR, New England Patriots (27.5%) – Julian had seen his role diminished over the past month as Danny Amendola, Rob Gronkowski and Aaron Dobson started to get on track but he went nuts for 23 fantasy points last week. I don’t have a lot of faith that Edelman can continue on that pace or anything even close but if you are desperate, why not?
10. Matt Flynn, QB, Detroit Lions (0.7%) – The last time Flynn played the Lions it was week 17 of the 2011 season. He threw for six touchdowns and over 400 yards. If Aaron Rodgers sits this one out, a lot of daily leagues will be seeing Flynn in action.
11. Ladarius Green, TE, San Diego Chargers (0.3%) – You can’t trust him but if you are in a super deep league and looking for a flier, Green has 80 yards in back-to-back games.