The Skinny: Raiders TE Mychal Rivera took a brutal blow to the head in Sunday’s loss to the Tennessee Titans, leaving the game with a reported concussion. It appears that Rivera has progressed rather quickly through the NFL’s concussion protocol, as coach Dennis Allen stated that Rivera had passed his battery of tests and is expected to play.
The Injury: Concussion
The Prognosis: It appears as if Rivera avoided a serious head injury, despite how bad the injury actually looked. This is another rather interesting scenario in that Rivera has passed the NFL’s mandated testing, even though each stage is supposed to last 24 hours without symptoms. With 5 stages in the testing protocol, and only 3 full days between Sunday and Thursday, the math doesn’t really add up. I guess we just chalk it up to another one of the NFL’s serious flaws, as there appears to be more and more of them with each passing week. However, from a fantasy football perspective, double check the Inactive list tomorrow prior to game time, but it looks like Rivera will be ready to go.
Have any injury-related questions?? Email me at email@example.com or find me on Twitter at z_dahdul for more injury analysis throughout the week.
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email