Here is what everyone is waiting for, the FFLockerRoom’s Fantasy Football Waiver Wire Pickups for week 14. I am going to put these guys in order of what I believe to be the most important guys first, top down. Hopefully if you are reading this, that means you have made it to the fantasy playoffs, congratulations!
Players I don’t mind dropping: Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Shonn Greene, Eddie Royal, Jackie Battle, Greg Little, Kenny Britt, Brandon Myers, Scott Chandler, Greg Jennings, Christine Michael, Daryl Richardson, Isaiah Pead, Fred Davis, Khiri Robinson, Mike James, Jared Cook and Mark Ingram
Players that should be owned already: Rashad Jennings, Carson Palmer, Nick Foles, Harry Douglas, Charles Clay, Coby Fleener, Joique Bell, Heath Miller, Keenan Allen, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Kendall Wright and Michael Crabtree
1. Carson Palmer, QB, Arizona Cardinals (12.5%*) - I almost can’t believe it. How is Palmer only owned in 12.5%? That is just a crime against fantasy football. He has scored 24-20-18 over his past three games and really should be owned in more leagues.
2. Julian Edelman, WR, Indianapolis Colts (30.2%) - With defenses having to watch Rob Gronkowski and Danny Amendola closely, that has left Edelman with some room to work with. He’s now had back-to-back games with 9 receptions and over 100 yards. Hard to trust him in that offense but in the playoffs sometimes it’s best to just play the hot hand.
3. Willis McGahee, RB, Cleveland Browns (13.1%) - The Browns gave McGahee 16 touches against the Jags and if he gets that many against the New England Patriots, I like his chances of getting you double-digit points again. It’s not going to be easy putting him in your lineup but he may actually be a good play.
4. Donald Brown, RB, Indianapolis Colts (39.8%) - It finally happened. Donald Brown was given the starting job over Trent Richardson and he played well. He’s got a tough matchup this week in Cincinnati but he’s the main back and will see work on all three downs.
TAKE A CHANCE
5. Ladarius Green, TE, San Diego Chargers (0.9%) - Green has now gotten 8 or more points in three straight games. He’s still behind Antonio Gates but is quickly starting to look like the replacement. He saw a healthy 6 targets from Philip Rivers last week and is clearly one of the top options for the Chargers when on the field.
6. Brian Hartline, WR, Miami Dolphins (34.5%) - We usually know what we are getting from Hartline. A respectable 5-6 points with an occasional big game. That big game just happened so don’t count on that again but if you need some solid production out of your WR3 or WR4 spot, Brian could do fine.
7. Ace Sanders, WR, Jacksonville Jaguars (0.2%) - His name is Ace, nuff said right? As cools as his name is, he’s quietly put up six fantasy points in three straight games. And with another matchup against the struggling Texans on tap, he could easily put up six or more again.
8. Josh McCown, QB, Chicago Bears (15.4%) - This is all dependent on the availability of Jay Cutler this week but as of Monday, he had still not been cleared by doctors to resume practicing. I would say he has a 50% shot at starting week 14 against the Dallas Cowboys. He’s had back-to-back 350 yard 2 TD performances.
PLAYING WITH FIRE
9. Andre Holmes, WR, Oakland Raiders (0.1%) - Holmes burst onto the scene last week for 7 catches and 136 yards. He’s got the physical tools (6’4″, 210LBS) to be a stud in the NFL but as we all know, it takes a lot more than just the physical tools. It’s a huge gamble to play him this week, but if you need to roll the dice…
10. LeGarrette Blount, RB, New England Patriots (4.8%) - There is now way of knowing just how long the Patriots will sit Stevan Ridley but as long as he is in the dog house, Blount should be a useable flex option in deep leagues. He’s performed really well for the Pats all year and gets the Browns this week.
Like what you read? Want to dominate your competition? Get this and all FFLockerRoom Fanatsy Sports advice sent to your Email for FREE. Rankings, featured articles and more!!!