The injury report for the Jacksonville Jaguars is relatively light this week, with only one person listed as questionable (Greg Jones) and everyone else listed as either probable or out.
- Cecil Shorts (groin, probable): Shorts has been doing this practice song-and-dance for weeks now as he tries to get himself as ready as he can for game day without over-stressing the strained groin. He’s dealt with multiple injuries this year (shoulder also) and has still managed to gut out some tough performances throughout the year. He’s been the one consistent guy in the Jaguars WR corp and is a lock for his customary 5-8 catches per game. He is in no danger of missing tonight’s game, so expect another day of solid production from Shorts as he continues to try to put this groin issue behind him.
- Justin Forsett (non-displaced foot fracture, Out): Although he is out for a minimum of 4-6 weeks, Forsett remains on the active roster after suffering a fractured foot. No word on which exact bone or region he fractured, but regardless, a minimum of 6 weeks is usually indicated, especially if it occurs in a higher weight bearing region or an area with more demand placed on it. Regardless, Forsett is definitely out for the remainder of the fantasy playoffs and should recover just fine for the start of training camp next season.
- Marcedes Lewis (knee sprain, probable): Lewis was given some nice rest time on this short week in order to ensure he’s as healthy as he can be heading into tonight’s game. Lewis has been much more of a blocking TE these last few weeks, especially with Maurice Jones-Drew finally showing some signs of life again. Lewis’ fantasy value is tied to two major things: Chad Henne‘s effectiveness and the score of the game. If the Jaguars fall behind early, that means more passing and less rushing, which works well for Lewis. If not, he’s back to blocking again. Lewis is only a desperation play this week, and you’ve got to be in an extremely deep league to need to look Lewis’ way for help.
- Mike Brown (AC joint sprain, probable): Brown was able to play this past week despite suffering a sprain to the acromioclavicular joint (AC joint, tip of the shoulder where the clavicle and scapula come together), although he was held to only one catch and was a non-factor. Expect Brown to play tonight, but he’s playing in a very inconsistent offense with a shoulder injury that lends itself to a good amount of pain, especially when landing on the involved side and when reaching high overhead. Again, similar to Lewis, this is more of a desperation play, so you’re better off looking elsewhere
For more information or other injury-related questions, you can find me on Twitter at @z_dahdul or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email