If you have been following me the past month on my Hits and Misses, you’ll notice that I haven’t had the best of luck and of course week 16 was much of the same. I went 1-3 and am hoping that I turn it around this week to salvage what would be a horrible year for my deep fantasy picks.
Here’s how I finished last week.
QB: Alex Smith (ECR – 15) – Finished 27th
RB: Joique Bell (ECR – 34) – Finished 4th
WR: Da’Rick Rogers (ECR – 51) – Finished 49th
TE: Tyler Eifert (ECR – 22) – Finished with zero points and left the game early with a concussion.
RULES: I can pick as many players as I want but need to choose at least one from each of the four offensive positions. Those players have to be outside of the top 10 for QBs and TEs, top 25 for RBs and top 30 for WRs at the time of the article. I will release the article on Thursday and use the ECR (Expert Consensus Rankings) on FantasyPros that are current at the time of writing. Rankings can change dramatically from Thursday to Sunday, please remember that.
Fantasy Football Junkie’s Hits and Misses – Week 16
1. QB – Kirk Cousins, Washington Redskins (ECR 17) - I believe that Kirk Cousins has a shot at being a decent starter in this league and he needs to prove it this week in New York. If he wants a starting position next season, he’ll have to bounce back after a disappointing week 16. And Washington should be giving him all of the opportunities to shine because they will get draft picks in exchange for Cousins this off-season.
2. RB – Edwin Baker, Cleveland Browns (ECR 30) - Bakers has out played backup Chris Ogbonnaya each of the past two weeks and ran pretty well against a very tough Jets defense in week 16. He’s not the fastest of shiftiest guy on the field but he’s getting positive yards which is more than the Browns can say about the rest of their mediocre running backs. Look for Baker to get a bunch of touches this week as a potential tryout for 2014.
4. WR – Jeremy Kerley, New York Jets (ECR 64) - It seems crazy to pick any Jets receiver but the fact is, Geno Smith likes to throw his way and the Jets offense is much better with him in the lineup. Even crazier is the fact that the Jets are 7-4 with Kerley playing and 0-4 with him out.
5. TE – Alex Smith, Cincinnati Bengals (ECR 43) - With Jermaine Gresham not practicing and Tyler Eifert recovering from a concussion, Alex Smith will get the start. He’s a super deep sleeper and should only be considered in the largest of leagues or possibly a daily league where you are trying to strike it rich.
If you have someone you think that will be this weeks surprise player, let us know in the comments. You never know, you could help someone win their playoff game!
- Trade Court - Have the Experts Rule On Your League Trades (Coming Soon)
- Football Rankings - Standard, PPR, IDP
- Baseball Rankings - C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, DH, SP, RP, OVERALL
- Injury Report by Ziad Dahdul, PT, DPT - Analysis
- YouTube - FFLockerRoom Fantasy Sports Channel
- RSS Feed - Outstanding Fantasy Sports Advice Delivered to Your Email